I care about experiencing the little moments of daily routine.
I am curious about how all things are related to one another
and how they are part of a bigger event that is out there.
I live in a small moment.
We live in a chain of time.
Every fraction of a second is valid.
The day always starts from a small decision.
The small decision can dictate my whole life.
The little tweaks and changes will most likely affect
the outcome of an event more substantial.
When I try - I mean seriously try - to see what I’m looking at;
what is heroic and what is not;
what is significant and what is not;
what is political and what is not;
what is successful and what is not;
the borderline between those things becomes rather obscure.
It occurs to me that the role of a tiny little insect crawling on the dirt
is equally important as my role in this universe.
My friend Sung and I have worked together now for four different companies.
We met almost a decade ago although it doesn’t seem that long and somehow we keep winding up in the same places. Some of that is happenstance and some of it design (I hired Sung to work for me in one company). I just really, really like being around him though. He appears as one of the quietest people to strangers but, when you get to know him you realize he has a wicked sense of humor, is incredibly warm and extremely talented. I worked with him again recently and it reminded me of just how much nicer the day is when you work around people you like.
No comments:
Post a Comment